Search

Friday, February 10, 2012

Resume cover letter format

{Month Day, Year}

{Name of Hiring Manager}
{Title}
{Company Name}
{Street Address}
{City, State Zip Code}

Dear {Mr./Ms. Last Name} ,

This letter is to express my interest in the {Position Listed in Posting} position listed on CareerBuilder.com. Based on my skills in {Skill Listed in Posting} and {Skill Listed in Posting}, I am confident that I would be a great addition to your team.

My resume that highlights my ability/knowledge/expertise in {A Specific Subject Matter} and {A Specific Area or Industry} is enclosed. During my time at {Your Past Company}, I was able to {succeed/save money/save time/increase sales/increase productivity} in {A Specific Area}. {List a specific example relevant to this position, focusing on how you can help the company}

I am excited about the {Position Listed in Posting} position and the ability to help your company succeed. Thank you in advance for your time. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I would appreciate the opportunity to review my qualifications in more detail and will contact you next {Day of Week}.

Sincerely,

{Name}

No comments: